Computer configuration is a standard that can measure a computer’s performance. It is mainly consist of CPU, graphics, mainboard, memory, hard drive, monitor, chassis, optical drive, mouse and keyboard.
Aspects of hardware
1.CPU. It mainly depends on frequency, L2 cache, L3 cache, and the number of cores. The higher the frequency, the larger the L2 cache, the larger the L3 cache and the more cores.
- Memory. Memory access speed depends on the interface, the number of particles and storage size. In general, the larger the memory, the stronger the ability to process data, and the speed at which data is processed depends mainly depends on the type of memory.
- The mainboard, mainly processing chips.
- Hard drives. Hard drives are divided into solid state drives (SSD), mechanical hard drives (HDD) and hybrid hard drives (SSHD), solid state drives are the fastest, hybrid drives are second, and mechanical drives are the worst. The larger the hard disk, the more files can be stored. The speed of data reading and writing and the rotate speed of the hard disk, desktop computers generally use 7200 rpm, notebook computers generally use 5400 rpm, which is mainly considering that due to move computer, vibration or accidentally scratches the hard disk platter as well as power consumption and heat dissipation in the notebook computer.
- Graphics card: We should pay attention to the stream processing capability of the graphics card, the memory size and memory bandwidth. The bigger the better. This is directly related to the response speed of running large program software, such as running CAD2007, 3DStudio, 3DMAX, other graphics software and some large 3D games, in addition to the differentiation of hardware level, there are also “shared memory” technology, and it is difference with the general memory chip, this technology needs to read the information from the memory to handle the needs of the corresponding program. Or someone called it: dynamic video memory. This technology is more used in laptops.
With the development of the market, the cache has been upgraded from the previous 2M to 8M, which is 16M or 32M or larger. Just like the CPU, the larger the cache, the faster the speed.
- Power. This is only need enough power and stability, stable power is very important. For the computer’s various electronic components stable voltage, it is the key to the life of the computer.